As annoying as the experience, diarrhea is a disease which surely need to be treated quickly. Diarrhea is a way our body get rid of the unwanted substances. It is usually characterized by watery and also loose stools. The common symptoms of diarrhea are frequent bowel movements, stomach pain, vomiting, fever, thirst, dehydration, loss of appetite, and so on. There are numerous cause of diarrhea such as bacterial or viral infection, food allergy, anxiety, stress, contaminated water or food, excessive drinking, and medication side effects. Diarrhea should be treated immediately or it can be acute which lasting for about a week or two and also chronic which lasting for more than two weeks.
Since diarrhea can be a serious disease if it is not treated immediately; it is important to seek for the right treatment. Here are the top 10 remedies for diarrhea.
1. Fenugreek seeds : fenugreek seeds can be considered as diarrhea natural cure since it can bulk up the stools. You can swallow one teaspoon of yogurt and a teaspoon of fenugreek. But this home remedies is not suitable for children who suffer from chronic or acute diarrhea.
2. Apple cider vinegar : The virgin apple cider vinegar is considered as a quick diarrhea cure without giving adverse effects. The curing effect of apple cider vinegar is as fast as 20 minutes. Apple cider vinegar is a powerful parasites, bacterial, and microbial killer. In addition, if the diarrhea is followed with nausea and stomach cramps; the apple cider vinegar is also very powerful to get rid of it.
3. Turmeric : This is the common herb that usually found in most pantry or kitchen. Turmeric can be a powerful herb to treat diarrhea. Try to add a teaspoon of ground turmeric into a glass of warm water. You can also add honey or yogurt for a nicer flavor.
4. Ginger : While ginger may famous to cure sore throat; however, it is also very useful to cure diarrhea. Try to make ginger tea from dried or fresh ginger and drink it for two or three cups a day.
5. Bananas : This tropical fruit can help curing diarrhea. The pectin in bananas is considered a soluble fiber that beneficial to absorb excessive liquid in the intestines. You can eat a banana or two before breakfast to maintain healthy digestive.
6. Yogurt : The live culture found in yogurt is beneficial to give layer or extra protection in your intestines. There are numerous ways to eat yogurt or just simply eat it directly.
7. Chamomile : This flower has numerous health benefits includes treating diarrhea. The tannins substance in chamomile provides great relief from symptoms of diarrhea.
8. Activated charcoal : If the cause of diarrhea is food poisoning or contaminated food or water; activated charcoal can be a good treatment. Activated charcoal can also cure nausea and stomach gas.
9. Peppermint : This usually popular for candies or beverages, but peppermint is actually beneficial for treating diarrhea and other stomach problems.
10. White rice : There are some people who dislike eating white rice because of the distinct taste. However, it actually a good home remedies for diarrhea when eating white rice without mixing it without other sauces or spices.